|The next regular Commission meeting will be held at 9:30 AM on Thursday, September 7, 2017, at LDWF headquarters in the Louisiana Room of 2000 Quail Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70898.
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of August 3, 2017 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
6. Enforcement Report August, 2017 – Captain Edward Skena
7. Receive and Consider a Resolution commending LDWF Enforcement Division for Hurricane Harvey response – Al Sunseri, Commissioner
8. Receive Presentation on Passive Transponder Bird Migration Study –Michael Seymour, Biologist
9. Recognize Conoco-Phillips for their Financial Contribution to the Transponder Study –Buddy Baker, Administrator
10. Receive One Health presentation –Dr. Rusty Berry, Wildlife Veterinarian
11. Receive a Presentation of LDWF’s participation in the Breeding Waterfowl and Habitat Survey –James Whitaker, Biologist
12. Receive a Presentation on Waterfowl Population Status, Hunting Regulations, and Pre-Season Update –Larry Reynolds, Program Manager
13. Receive Update on Roseau Cane Mortality –Todd Baker, Director
14. Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent to update the Louisiana Threatened and Endangered Species List –Amity Bass, Director
15. Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent to remove the current black bass slot limit regulations of 15-19 inches and 8 fish daily harvest from Caney Lake and place the lake under the statewide black bass regulations – Jeff Sibley, Fisheries Biologist Manager
16. Receive and Consider a Declaration of Emergency setting the 2017-2018 oyster season on the public oyster areas of Louisiana – Steve Beck, Program Manager
17. Receive an Update on the Recent Gulf Council Meeting (including a Louisiana Only Amendment Update) and Louisiana Red Snapper Harvest and 39-day Season Extension Projection Update – Chris Schieble, Biologist Manager
18. Receive and Consider a Resolution supporting continued efforts to reduce the hypoxia zone in the Gulf of Mexico – Doug Daigle, Coordinator, Louisiana Hypoxia Working Group
19. Set January, 2018 Commission Meeting Date
20. Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Gotowebinar.com. To attend this meeting via webinar visit:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.la.gov. To receive recreational or commercial fishing email and text alerts, signup at http://www.wlf.la.gov/signup.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is committed to accommodating all
reasonable special requests regarding access to our meetings. Please direct all sign
language interpreting services or other accommodation needs to the contact at the top of
this announcement at least 72 hours prior to the meeting date.
September 2017 Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission Meeting Agenda