|The next regular Commission Meeting will be held at 10:00 AM on Thursday, March 2, 2017, in the Magnolia Room at the Natchitoches Events Center located at 750 Second Street in Natchitoches, LA 71457.
The following items will be discussed:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of February 02, 2017 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
6. Enforcement Reports February, 2017 – Lt. Colonel Samuel Martin, Enforcement Division
7. Receive Update on the 2017 First Extraordinary Legislative Session and Impacts to the Department of Wildlife & Fisheries – Cole Garrett, Attorney / Legislative Liaison
8. Receive an Update on Public Comments and Consider Amendments to previously approved Notice of Intent to Amend the General and Wildlife Management Area Rules and Regulations for the 2017-2018 Season, the Resident Game Hunting Season for the 2017-2019 Hunting Seasons, the General and Wildlife Management Area Rules and Regulations for the Turkey Season, the Turkey Hunting Areas, and Seasons, and Bag Limits for the 2018 Turkey Season, and the Migratory Bird Seasons, Regulations, and Bag Limits for the 2017-2018 Hunting Season – Kenny Ribbeck, WMA Administrator
9. Receive Information on Calcasieu Lake Oysters and Consider a Declaration of Emergency for the Calcasieu Lake Oyster Season – Al Sunseri, Commissioner
10. Receive a Presentation and Consider a Declaration of Emergency Setting the 2017 Opening Date for Bait Menhaden – Daniel Edgar, Louisiana Bait Products
11. Receive the Gulf Angler Focus Group Report: Possible Alternative Approaches to Recreational Red Snapper Management – Chris Macaluso, Center for Marine Fisheries, Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership
12. Receive Update on Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council’s February Meeting – Patrick Banks, Assistant Secretary, Office of Fisheries
13. Receive a Presentation on Aquatic Vegetation Control – Issues and Expectations for 2017 – Ricky Moses, Biologist Director, Inland Fisheries
14. Set June, 2017 Commission Meeting Date
15. Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Gotowebinar.com. To attend this meeting via webinar visit:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.la.gov. To receive recreational or commercial fishing email and text alerts, signup at http://www.wlf.la.gov/signup.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is committed to accommodating all
reasonable special requests regarding access to our meetings. Please direct all sign
language interpreting services or other accommodation needs to the contact at the top of
this announcement at least 72 hours prior to the meeting date.