The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will convene its Reef Fish Advisory Panel October 4-5, 2016. The meeting will be held in the Gulf Council’s Conference Room at 2203 N. Lois Avenue, Suite 1100, Tampa, Florida 33607. The meeting begins at 8:30 am on Tuesday, October 4, and concludes no later than 4:00 pm on Wednesday, October 5.
The Reef Fish Advisory Panel will meet to discuss and provide recommendations to the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council regarding numerous reef fish issues.
The Advisory Panel will review:
- A draft of proposed regulations for Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary Expansion
- A draft scoping document to Evaluate Recommended Coral Areas as Habitat Areas of Particular concern
- Reef Fish Amendment 36A – Commercial IFQ Modifications
- Reef Fish Amendment 46 – Gray Triggerfish Rebuilding Plan
- Framework Action to Modify Mutton Snapper Annual Catch Limits and the Commercial Gag Minimum Size Limit
- Vermillion snapper stock assessment results
- Goliath grouper assessment report
- A draft amendment addressing Modifications to Charter Vessel and Headboat Reporting Requirements
- Framework Action to Carryover Under Harvested Red Snapper to the Following Season
- Recreational and commercial allocation exchange
For a complete agenda and meeting materials click here.
To register for the webinar click here.