Tree planting project near St. Bernard
The Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana (CRCL) and the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation (LPBF) invite you to register for our Coastal Forest restoration event on October 25th near St. Bernard. We are looking for 50 enthusiastic volunteers to plant nearly 600 native trees in an area that was heavily impacted by past hurricanes. Your efforts will help increase storm surge retention and increase forest resiliency for future storm events.
The day wouldn’t be complete without a Volunteer Appreciation Party sponsored by Leinenkugel Beer at the St. Bernard State Park! Join us for a celebration of all the things we love; good food, good drinks, and good volunteers! We’ll also have music and games so it’s sure to be a fun time for everyone. Best part? It’s FREE for all volunteers! It’s the perfect ending to a hard day of work.
When: Saturday October 25, 2014
8:00 am to no later than 4:00 pm
Where: St. Bernard, LA
Want to register for October 25th? CLICK HERE!
- Additional details will be provided to registered volunteers via e-mail a few days prior to the event.
- Registration is open from 8:00 to 9:00 am.
- All volunteers will meet at the St. Bernard State Park and will be shuttled to the planting site.
- Please note the minimum age for volunteers is 10 and minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Planting in the swamps is a muddy and strenuous activity, so physical fitness is necessary.
- All equipment (dibbles, gloves, etc) and lunch and drinks (with vegetarian options) will be provided to all volunteers.
We require that all volunteers please register to let us know if you plan to attend. If any additional members of your family/friends are attending the event with you, then they must also register. They can complete an online registration form by clicking here for the tree planting project.
Planting on our coast is wonderful way to spend a day and we would like to ensure that everyone gets a chance to have a great experience.
- If, after registering, you find you are unable to attend, please notify us of your cancellation.
- If the event registration is full, you can be added to a waiting list.
- If you’d like to bring out a group, please let us know and we’ll try our best to accomodate you.
For any of the above inquiries, you can contact CRCL’s Volunteer Coordinator, Jenny Byrd at Jennyb@crcl.org.