The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will meet June 23-27, 2014, at the Marriott Beachside, 3841 N. Roosevelt Boulevard, Key West, Florida.
Committee meetings will convene Monday at 8:30 am, concluding Wednesday at 4:30 pm.
Some of the Committee highlights include:
The Advisory Panel Selection Committee will meet in a closed session to make appointments to the Ad Hoc Red Snapper For-hire IFQ Advisory Panel.
The Reef Fish Management Committee will:
- Discuss the gag and greater amberjack stock assessments;
- Review Amendment 28, which looks at red snapper allocation and recreational accountability measures;
- Review the red snapper slot limit and hook size analyses;
- Review Amendment 40, which considers sector separation for red snapper ;
- Discuss a federal for-hire red snapper limited access privilege program; and
- Discuss feedback received on the management of recreational red snapper.
Other committees meeting include:
- Administrative Policy
- Joint Coral/Habitat Protection
- Red Drum
- Data Collection
- Outreach & Education
- Sustainable Fisheries/Ecosystem Management
New this meeting is an Evening Public Comment Session scheduled for Wednesday, from
5:15 pm – 8:15 pm.
The full Council will resume Thursday at 8:30 am to deliberate and take action on committee recommendations made earlier in the week. The meeting will conclude by 11:30 a.m. Friday.
For a copy of the detailed agenda, or to watch the meeting live, please visit http://gulfcouncil.org/council_meetings/index.php or call 888-833-1844. Briefing book materials can be downloaded from the Council FTP site at https://public.gulfcouncil.org:5001/webman/index.cgi – username and password are both gulfguest.