April 15, 2014, 9:30 a.m.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Office
District Assembly Room (DARM)
7400 Leake Avenue
New Orleans, Louisiana
Documentation of Technical Committee meetings may be found at:
*Please note new link. Bookmarks to old link will no longer work*
|Tab Number||Agenda Item|
- Meeting Initiation 9:30 a.m. to 9:40 a.m.
- Introduction of Technical Committee or Alternates
- Opening remarks of Technical Committee Members
- Request for Agenda Changes/Additional Agenda Items/Adoption of Agenda
- Report: Status of CWPPRA Program Funds and Projects (Susan Mabry, USACE) 9:40 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Ms. Susan Mabry will provide an overview of the status of CWPPRA accounts and available funding in the Planning and Construction Programs.
- Status of the Sport Fish and Boating Safety Trust Fund Reauthorization (Brad Inman, USACE). Mr. Inman will provide an update on current Trust Fund reauthorization efforts, including the Angling and Boating Alliance’s (ABA) proposed change to the funding model for coastal wetlands.
- Decision: Selection of Ten Candidate Projects and up to Three Demonstration Projects to Evaluate for PPL 24 (Kevin Roy, USFWS) 10:00 am to 10:45 a.m. The Technical Committee will consider preliminary costs and benefits of the 24th Priority Project List (PPL) project and demonstration project nominees listed below. The Technical Committee will select 10 projects and may select up to 3 demonstration projects as PPL 24 candidates to be evaluated for Phase 0 analysis, which will be considered later for final selection of projects that will be approved for Phase I (Planning and Engineering and Design).
|Region||Basin||PPL 24 Nominees|
|1||Pontchartrain||New Orleans Landbridge Shoreline Stabilization & Marsh Creation|
|1||Pontchartrain||Shell Beach Marsh Creation|
|1||Pontchartrain||Bayou Bienvenue Marsh Creation|
|2||Barataria||Bayou Dupont Sediment Delivery – Marsh Creation 4|
|2||Barataria||Barataria Bay Waterway East Marsh Creation|
|2||Barataria||East Leeville Marsh Creation & Nourishment|
|2||Barataria||Grand Bayou Marsh Creation & Terracing|
|3||Terrebonne||East Catfish Lake Marsh Creation & Terracing|
|3||Terrebonne||West Fouchon Marsh Creation & Marsh Nourishment|
|3||Terrebonne||Lake Felicity Oyster Reef Shoreline Protection & Marsh Creation|
|3||Terrebonne||Bayou Dularge Ridge Restoration & Marsh Creation|
|3||Tech-Vermilion||South & West Vermilion Bay Shoreline Protection – Critical Reaches|
|3||Tech-Vermilion||South Humble Marsh Creation & Nourishment|
|4||Calcasieu-Sabine||No Name Bayou Marsh Creation & Nourishment|
|4||Calcasieu-Sabine||East Holly Beach Gulf Shoreline Protection|
|4||Mermentau||Southeast Pecan Island Marsh Creation & Freshwater Enhancement|
|4||Mermentau||Umbrella Bay Shoreline Protection|
|Coastwide||Coastwide Oyster Reef Shoreline Protection|
|PPL 24 Demonstration Project Nominees|
|DEMO||Sediment Capture Tide Pump|
|DEMO||Stabilized Shorelines for Shoreline Protection|
|DEMO||Innovative Bedload Sediment Collector|
|DEMO||Ecosystems by Walter Marine|
- Report/Decision: Upcoming 20-Year Life Projects (Brad Inman, USACE) 10:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. The project sponsors will present recommended path forwards for CWPPRA projects ending their 20 year lives in 2015 or 2016. Technical Committee will vote on a recommendation to the Task Force on the path forward for the following projects nearing their 20-year life:
|CS-18||Sabine National Wildlife Refuge Erosion Protection||FWS||1-Mar-95||1-Mar-15|
|TV-03||Vermilion River Cutoff Bank Protection||COE||11-Feb-96||11-Feb-16|
|PO-16||Bayou Sauvage Refuge Restoration Phase 1||FWS||30-May-96||30-May-16|
|BA-19||Barataria Bay Waterway Wetland Creation||COE||15-Oct-96||15-Oct-16|
- Report: Status of CWPPRA Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Update (Allison Murry, USACE) 11:00 a.m. to 11:05 a.m. In January 2014, the P&E Subcommittee started an intensive clean-up and update of the CWPPRA SOP. The P&E plans to provide an updated draft to the Technical Committee a month prior to the September meeting to allow sufficient time for review before a vote on proposed changes. Ms. Murry will present the current status of the SOP update.
- Decision: FY15 Planning Budget Approval, including the PPL 25 Process, and Presentation of FY15 Outreach Budget (Process, Size, Funding, etc.) (Brad Inman, USACE) 11:05 a.m. to 11:25 a.m. The P&E Subcommittee will present their recommended FY15 Planning Program Budget development, including the PPL 25 Process.
- The Technical Committee will vote on a recommendation to the Task Force to approve that the PPL 25 Process Standard Operating Procedures include selecting four nominees in the Barataria and Terrebonne Basins; three projects in the Breton Sound and Pontchartrain Basins; two nominees in the Mermentau, Calcasieu/Sabine, and Tech/Vermilion Basins; and one nominee will be selected in the Atchafalaya Basin.
- The Technical Committee will vote on a recommendation to the Task Force to approve the FY15 Outreach Committee Budget, in the amount of $452,400.
- The Technical Committee will vote on a recommendation to the Task Force to approve the FY15 Planning Budget, in the amount of $5,091,819.
- Report: Coastwide Reference Monitoring System (CRMS) Report & System Wide Assessment Monitoring Program (SWAMP) (Dona Weifenbach, CPRA; Rick Raynie, CPR) 11:25 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. Ms. Dona Weifenbach will provide a report on CRMS, followed by a presentation on SWAMP provided by Rick Raynie.
- Report/Decision: Request for Funding Increase for Grand Lake Shoreline Protection (ME-21) (Quin Kinler, NRCS) 11:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. NRCS and CPRA are requesting a funding increase for Grand Lake Shoreline Protection. The Technical Committee will consider and vote to make a recommendation to the Task Force to approve a request for a funding increase for Grand Lake Shoreline Protection (ME-21).
- Decision: Request for Approval for Final Deauthorization on the PPL 13 – Bayou Sale Shoreline Protection Project (TV-20) (Britt Paul, NRCS) 12:00 p.m. to 12:05 p.m. NRCS and CPRA are requesting approval for final deauthorization procedures on the Bayou Sale Shoreline Protection Project (TV-20) due to numerous abandoned pipelines in the area that presented site access and project construction problems. After consideration of the costs of pipeline removals, alternative construction methods that avoided pipeline removals, and alternative shoreline protection methods, implementation of the project proved cost-prohibitive, resulting in limited benefits that did not justify construction. The Technical Committee will vote on a recommendation to the Task Force to approve the final deauthorization of the Bayou Sale Shoreline Protection Project.
- Decision: Request for Approval for Final Deauthorization on the PPL 18 – Bertrandville Siphon Project (BS-18) (Karen McCormick, EPA) 12:05 p.m. to 12:10 p.m. EPA and CPRA are requesting approval for final deauthorization procedures on the Bertrandville Siphon Project (BS-18) based on land right issues that are not likely to be resolved in the near future plus substantial technical implementation issues. The Technical Committee will vote on a recommendation to the Task Force to approve the final deauthorization of the Bertrandville Siphon Project.
- Additional Agenda Items (Brad Inman, USACE) 12:10 p.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Request for Public Comments (Brad Inman, USACE) 12:15 p.m. to 12:20 p.m.
- Announcement: Date of Upcoming CWPPRA Program Meeting (Brad Inman, USACE) 12:20 p.m. to 12:25 p.m. The Task Force meeting will be held May 22, 2014 at 9:30 a.m. at the Estuarine Fisheries and Habitat Center, 646 Cajundome Blvd., Lafayette, Louisiana.
- Announcement: Scheduled Dates of Future Program Meetings (Brad Inman, USACE) 12:25 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.
|May 22, 2014||9:30 a.m.||Task Force Meeting||Lafayette|
|September 11, 2014||9:30 a.m.||Technical Committee Meeting||Baton Rouge|
|October 6, 2014||9:30 a.m.||Task Force Meeting||New Orleans|
|December 11, 2014||9:30 a.m.||Technical Committee Meeting||Baton Rouge|
- Decision: Adjourn