The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries will hold a public hearing regarding proposed rule changes to the Louisiana Wild Seafood Certification Program on Tuesday, February 25 at 10 a.m. in the Louisiana Room at LDWF Headquarters, 2000 Quail Dr., Baton Rouge, LA.
In November 2013 LDWF published a Notice of Intent in the Louisiana State Register proposing the following rule changes to the Louisiana Seafood Certification Program:
- Product registration requirements for retail packages bearing the certification program logo
- Supply chain verification for the product registration process and restaurants wishing to use the certification logo
- Clarification of guidelines for using the logo.
After a thorough review of the proposed rule changes, and input from the industry, the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries has made substantive rule changes in the January 2014 edition of the Louisiana State Register that provide for the following:
- Changes to entities eligible to register a product
- Changes to the expiration of registered products
- Reduction in the amount of information requested about the registered product and the addition a photo requirement
- Clarification regarding acceptable invoices for supply chain verification
- Extension of a grace period for obtaining DHH permits
The proposed rule changes can be reviewed online at the Louisiana Register.