The Public Oyster Seed Ground Vessel Permit Appeals Board will meet on Tuesday, January 7,
2014. The meeting will convene at 10:30 a.m. in Suite 200 of the University of New Orleans’
Advanced Technology Center located at 2021 Lakeshore Drive in New Orleans.
Agenda items for the meeting of the Public Oyster Seed Ground Vessel Permit Appeals Board
are as follows:
1. Roll Call of Board Members
2. Approval of Minutes from September 17, 2013 Meeting
3. Hearing of Deferred New Permit Appeals
a. Marty Melerine
4. Hearing of New Renewal Permit Appeals
a. Raymond Green
5. Hearing of New Re-Issuance Permit Appeals
a. Karlin Coulon
6. Update on Recommendation Made at September 17, 2013 Meeting
7. Receive Public Comments
8. Set next meeting date
This Board was established by Act 922 of the 2008 Regular Legislative Session for the
purpose of hearing appeals of vessel permit denials by LDWF. Act 922 requires that anyone
commercially harvesting oysters on the public oyster seed grounds and reservations, except
those in Calcasieu Lake and Sabine Lake, must do so from a vessel holding a public oyster seed
ground vessel permit issued by LDWF.
The meeting will be held in compliance with Louisiana’s Open Meetings Law as defined by
Louisiana R.S. 42:11, et seq. The public is invited to attend.