The Public Oyster Seed Ground Vessel Permit Appeals Board will meet on Tuesday, July 30, 2013. The meeting will convene at 9:30 a.m. in Suite 200 of the University of New Orleans’ Advanced Technology Center located at 2021 Lakeshore Drive in New Orleans.
Agenda items for the meeting of the Public Oyster Seed Ground Vessel Permit Appeals Board are as follows:
- Roll Call of Board Members
- Approval of Minutes from May 23, 2013 Meeting
- Hearing of Deferred New Permit Appeals
- Brett Johnson
- Marty Melerine
- Vlaho Mjehovich
- Hearing of Deferred Renewal Permit Appeals
- Kerry Cosse
- Hearing of New Renewal Permit Appeals
- Danny Smith
- Update on Recommendations Made at May 23, 2013 Meeting
- Receive Public Comments
- Set next meeting date
This Board was established by Act 922 of the 2008 Regular Legislative Session for the purpose of hearing appeals of vessel permit denials by LDWF. Act 922 requires that anyone commercially harvesting oysters on the public oyster seed grounds and reservations, except those in Calcasieu Lake and Sabine Lake, must do so from a vessel holding a public oyster seed ground vessel permit issued by LDWF.